Friday, February 1, 2013

What Cold Weather Can Teach You...

Today it was roughly -150 degrees outside.  As you may remember last time it was this cold I learned a valuable lesson in the form of never tuck your face into your coat because your lip might get stuck to the zipper.  So today I had to park pretty far away from the school I was headed to so I made the block or so run (in a dress) from my car to the school with my head held high.  As I approached the school I realized something didn't feel right... 

I immediately walked into the school and found the one teacher that I knew would be honest with me.  Then I said to her, "Look at me, do I have a mustache?  Because I swear I felt something freeze above my upper-lip on my run into school."  I can only imagine that the feeling I experienced would be similar to a mustache freezing.  The teacher denied seeing it, even after I insisted she get closer to look.  Just to be safe, I'm taking care of business this weekend.  Which means the next time you see me I will be sporting the naked mole rat look on my face.

*Public Service Announcement:  Do NOT ever let your children do a Image search for naked mole rat.  I was trying to spice up my post by photoshopping a naked mole rats face onto my body but now I can't un-see what I just saw...  You've been warned.  

**Once I actual found the animal a naked mole rat I learned they have long whiskers and bad teeth... Not exactly the makeover look I had in mind when I mentioned the animal.

No comments: