A little more about this past weekend... Last year at the end of the winter season I got Nasuuna a pair of pink snowshoes. When I went to put them on her I realized that she is in the right weight range but her boot is too small for the binding. Geremu gracefully allowed Nasuuna to wear his snowshoes and he sported the pink ones. He looks good in pink anyways so it all worked out.
The kids are excellent at getting ready quickly when it's time to go outside. The one thing they can't yet do is put their snowshoes on. So instead of freezing my fingers off, while sweating profusely under my winter coat, I decided to put their snowshoes on in the cabin. So this was the scene before I dragged them by their legs out the door...

As soon as they hit the snow they were off and running...
As mentioned previously Geremu was willing to try a few stunts in his snowshoes. Here he is after jumping off a tree that was about 5-6 feet off the ground. It's hard to see just how high in the air this was because Nick and I were a distance from the kids when this picture was snapped.
Geremu did not land his free-style jump... But he also did not get hurt.
Geremu received several well deserved face-washes in his many stunt attempts.
You would seriously think after the first few face-washes he received from falling he would stop attempting his stunts but this kid is the definition of persistent. We are currently rethinking our parenting philosophy of natural consequences. Geremu will pretty much try anything- twice.
Good Times




No comments:
Post a Comment