When I was younger I LOVED to wrap gifts. I started at a young age and would wrap every and anything. My mother would limit my scotch tape use because I would use it all up in one sitting. For my birthday I would ask for scotch tape. When I was gifted with a 4-pack it was like a dream come true. In my eyes gifts are were all about the presentation. Fast forward, now that I have 3 kids so when it comes to wrapping gifts I find I'm usually in a rush. I still think of wrapping gifts as an art but I just don't have the time to be Picasso anymore.
A few weeks ago, on Nick's birthday, Nasuuna wrapped her first gift. It was like love at first wrap, she was/is hooked. I have found empty rolls of scotch tape sitting around the house, bits and pieces of wrapping paper stuck to the carpet, and rolls of wrapping paper (that I was always so careful to cut straight) in odd shapes. The boys have even been spotted opening gifts of toys that were theirs in the first place. Best of all she is so proud of herself and her wrapping.
Yesterday Nasuuna spent a lot of time wrapping gifts for her teachers.
Won't they be surprised when they find out they are the proud owner of a plate of...
I sure do wish I was at her school to watch the gift opening.
No comments:
Post a Comment