Sunday, January 27, 2013

Weekend Away

This weekend we headed up north for some rest and relaxation.
The weather was beautiful (mid 20's) and we all had a lot of fun playing in the snow.  
We all headed out together early Saturday morning.
I ended up hanging with the two littles after about the first 40 minutes because they couldn't keep up with Cullen's plan.  That was fine because these two seemed to have plans of their own.
Which mostly involved Nasuuna wondering through the woods singing (her versions) of hit radio songs including but not limited to "Girl On Fire."  Geremu on the other hand was drawn to anything that seemed remotely dangerous.  He attempted stunts that only Geremu would come up with that resulted in a few falls with free face-washes.
Nick and Cullen did a lot of exploring together making plans for later in life along the way.
Thanks to Geremu's animal calls Nick and Cullen were always able to figure out approximately where we were so we all could enjoy a little fun together.
After a morning of snowshoeing cousin Bailey and Josh came over after lunch.  They brought us the best popcorn.  I could have single handedly polished it off but I felt a little obligated to share a little with my kids.  After they left we headed out for some wild sledding...
We came in just long enough to warm up and eat dinner before heading out again.  This time our fun was in the form of hide-and-go-seek in the dark...
Two of my kids insisted on wearing head-lights.  They have this irrational fear that a "full grown sperm whale" is going to get them.  Apparently they want the see the sperm whale before it attacks...  Anyways, thanks to the headlights they were never very hard to find.  
I did have a great time hiding in the woods making sperm whale sounds until they would get close enough so I could jump out at them.  Of course this resulted in screaming, running and good times.  

They love to hang together as a team and I love hear their conversations during this time.  At one point Geremu got frightened and tried making a run for it.  In the act of fleeing he hit Cullen in the mouth and they both fell over.  I head Cullen yell, "Ouch!"  Geremu was helping him up and Cullen was all, "I have blood in my mouth."  Geremu and Nasuuna were both looking in Cullen's mouth trying to figure out if he was bleeding.  All of the sudden Cullen announces with enthusasm, "Geremu that was the BEST thing you've ever done to me.  Now I have a loose tooth!"
Geremu responded with a, "You're welcome!"

We made the most of our day today by getting up early and heading out again to hit up some spots we didn't get the chance to make it to yesterday...
I'll leave you tonight with pictures of my four favorite people...

2 comments:

Kate said...

Cute pictures! Sefi was jealous of the snow shoes.

CathWi said...

What great family fun! I'm so glad you have time to blog again - I like to hear what you and yours are up to. Great pics too, btw :)