Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy Birthday Nick!

Today was Nick's 33rd Birthday.  
I told the kids how old Nick was then snapped a picture...
Adisa is the only one not shocked that Nick is so old!  

I encouraged the kids to pick out or make something to give Nick for his birthday.  Cullen heard Nick tell me he wanted something for Christmas that I hadn't remembered to get him.  So I helped point out some backpacks that would work for Nick and Cullen picked the colors.  I tried to steer Geremu and Nasuuna to gifts that Nick needed so I took them to a sports store.  Geremu picked out a pair of pants that Nick loved but weren't long enough, I've since ordered them online in longs.  Nasuuna picked out a running jacket...  That is totally Nasuuna's style.  It's bright blue and fits him good- after Nasuuna left the room Nick asked me if it came in more subtle colors.  I told him it did...  Then Nasuuna walked back into the room wearing the new jacket- as a dress.  Nasuuna loves the jacket so much it will not be returned for a different color.  If you see a tall, thin guy running down the street in a bright turquoise jacket remember he got it from his daughter. 

Tonight I'll leave you with a video of Nasuuna singing Jingle Bells with some cute back-up singers.  This is pretty much how she sings all songs, including her schools winter concert songs.  I've caught Geremu trying to teach her songs slowly, word by word but she always resorts back to her own method as soon as the pace picks up....
At least she has the name and the beat/rhythm correct, right?

No comments: