Monday, February 4, 2013

Pin

Geremu had another wrestling tournament this last Sunday.
He loved every second of it.  Both Nick and I grew up involved in athletics but when it comes to wrestling neither of us know much...  So I basically have no advice to give Geremu other then don't get pinned.  Geremu has caught on quite quickly.  This weekend he got his first pin.  I actually watched it happen but had no idea he pinned the kid and won- just goes to show how much I know about wrestling.  In my defense it happened very quickly in the match and when it happens so quickly they let the kids continue wrestling for practice.  

When kids get a pin wrestling they often get a pin to put on something.  A lot of older kids were walking around the wrestling tournament with these wrestling beanie hats that said "wrestling" right on them with all their pins attached to the hat.  I had no idea what Geremu actually did with his pin yesterday.  He must have taken some notes from the older kids at the tournament because today when he was getting ready for school I spotted his pin.
On his winter hat....
He thinks it's pretty sweet because
"now it looks like my bear has an earring."
This kid cracks me up.

No comments: