I have a lot of stuff I should get done this weekend.
Somehow snowshoeing with the kids ended up at the top of my list of things to do.
Nick wasn't feeling 100% so we left him at home
and went to explore on our own.
I debated asking a friend to come join in the fun.
Within the first 10 minutes of exploring I was reminded why I usually don't ask others to join us.
Within the first 10 minutes of exploring I was reminded why I usually don't ask others to join us.
My kids have a agenda of their own...
And a pace that sometimes is hard to keep up with...
And at other times, not so hard to keep up with...
They like to stop and play, which usually involves creating "forts" along the way...
There was a lot of singing, talking, and laughing.
I vividly remember my Mom and Dad taking us out when I was younger (and even older) to cross country ski or hike in the bluffs.
I specifically remember one weekend when my Mom and Dad couldn't join us. When my Mom dropped off Chad, Megan, and I to ski she gave Chad a big bag of jelly beans. We didn't know about the treat because Chad hid them from us. When we got tired and were resting in the snow, Chad surprised us and pulled the jelly beans out of his coat pocket. They were the BEST jelly beans ever!
Next time, I will remember to bring jelly beans.
Cullen just announced that tomorrow night is "Family Fun Night."
I'm not really sure what that all involves, so we have that to look forward to...

1 comment:
Looks like fun!
Post a Comment