When Geremu first came home from Ethiopia he ended up waking up every night and coming into our bed and attaching himself to me. He didn't stay asleep unless he was touching someone and that someone was most often me. He didn't just touch, he all out spooned me acting as my backpack then kicking a leg over my side. His little leg use to stick straight up because it didn't have the length to bend around me, so at night I could feel a draft. I was not getting enough sleep and finally my mother suggested we try putting the boys in one bed together. This has worked out wonderfully, Geremu started to spoon Cullen and Cullen doesn't seem to notice. Now my backpack doesn't end up in our bed until between 4 or 5 in the morning when he gets up to go to the bathroom.
Recently, I have noticed a new trend. When I go to check on the boys before bed it appears that Cullen has learned from the best and has started to spoon Geremu.
I'm not really sure if the leg kick is to hold Geremu down or for comfort. Either way it appears to be working for the two of them.
4 comments:
That is precious. It makes me want to get in on the spooning, in a very non-threatening way of course!
it's always such a wonderful surprise when i get to see my favorite kind of pictures on your blog...hooray for your spooning boys! :)
(it's been a while since you've posted one!)
Love it! Our kids all share a room too, and frequently 2 or 3 or all of them end up in the same bed. As long as they sleep, and I sleep, I could care less who is in whose bed! :) I also love that you risked waking them up to get this adorable pic. I would totally do that too!
I can't get enough of these posts!
Post a Comment