"Yep" was all I could say I was so tired.
A few minutes later he says to me, "What if I don't like it?"
I played dumb, "Don't like what?"
"School"
I explain that he will like it, it might take a few days but he will like it I just know he will. If he REALLY doesn't like it we'll figure something out, but I know he will like it.
He tells me he doesn't have any friends. I explain that I don't think any of the kids in his class have any friends. I offer him some tips for when he gets on the bus. Perhaps if he sees someone sitting alone he can ask to sit by them. Or he can sit by himself and when the next child gets on the bus he can ask them if they want to sit by him.
Our sitter Amanda got him on the bus when it came. I'm glad I wasn't around, I can tell from the photos that he was nervous.
When I got home from school Cullen gave me LOTS of details about his day. He loved it and is excited about tomorrow, what a relief!
On a completely different topic, this last weekend when we were at the farmers market Cullen picked out a watermelon. On it it said, "Yellow". I wasn't exactly sure what that meant, perhaps a type of watermelon I'd never heard of? But it was blatantly obvious after it was cut open. It's just as yummy as a "pink" watermelon. The boys helped prepare it for eating.
3 comments:
One question---Why is Geremu using and ice cream scooper?
Geremu is using an ice cream scooper because frankly it's safer than giving the kid a melon baller- trust me:)
Glad it went well for Cullen! He's just so CUTE! As for the melon...N-A-S-T-Y! You wouldn't find me eating it! I'll stick to my BRATS! LOL!
Post a Comment