So Cullen's friend count is questionable at best these days. Cullen has talked about Gerald since his first day of school. The second day he mentioned a friend to me named Jason. But later that night told Nick about his friend Jake that did the same thing Jason did.
When I said Cullen, "Isn't his name Jason?"
He said, "Oh, yeah, yeah."
Cullen has also talked about a girl named Katelyn that he likes to play with in class.
On Friday, I got a class list with the students names on. There is no Gerald, Jason, Jake or Katelyn in his class... Hum, what the heck?!? I went over the list and read the names while he repeated each name to me. Only one of the students in Cullen's class sounded familiar, Ruben. When I said the name Emma, he said, "Oh, that's Katelyn." I asked him why he calls her Katelyn and he said, "Because her name sounds like Katelyn." and "She said I could call her that." I gave him the, let's call your friends by their real names speech then began my next mission. Attempting to figure out if Gerald just rode the bus with Cullen or if he was in his class. Cullen insists that he is in his class and rides his bus. So why isn't his name on the class list? Hopefully we get to the bottom of this on Thursday night when there is a school picnic.
In other news, last night Nick got home late from his schools open house. I was already in bed for the night when I heard a CRASH that rattled the house. I jumped up and ran downstairs thinking Nick had driven right through the garage. I opened the garage door from the kitchen and Nick stood there in the garage with the van and no sign of damage. Turns out the cable from the garage door snapped and the door fell, it didn't hit anything and thank goodness it happened without the kids around. Today the garage door people "rescued" the van and we ordered a new door.
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The same exact thing happened to Roshelle's garage door Sunday night, they thought someone was breaking into their house!
1-1/2 week until I see you guys, I'll get to the bottom of this friend situation soon enough :)
yikes on the garage front!!
and i'm so curious about gerald...
Post a Comment