Saturday, September 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Geremu!

Yesterday after school we headed across the state to my parents house. Our first stop was Pop's football game! The kids love attending high school football games, I'm pretty sure it's mostly because of the popcorn and Gatorade. Pop's team won and after the game he took the boys out onto the field to run around. Below is a picture of Cullen waiting for Pop to come down from the box after the game.

Nick took the boys out for a picnic and hiking in the bluffs this morning. From the pictures and Cullen's stories it sounds like they had fun.

This afternoon Cullen wanted to go with me to pick out some gifts for Geremu while Geremu and Nick went to a local state park.

Then tonight we celebrated Geremu's 3rd Birthday! I hadn't planned on celebrating his birthday on the actual day because we have 2 other birthday celebrations planned but I love a party so we will actually be celebrating more than once! Here is my birthday boy on his birthday.

Here are some of the party guests! Callan and Kennedy came to spend the Labor Day weekend with my parents. They really seem to like the college life.

Geremu's favorite present was so big that lost his balance and tipped over holding it.

The favorite gift of the party was his African Safari set. I'm actually not sure who liked it the most.

It has been a delightful day. Since Nick went hiking with Geremu this afternoon Cullen wanted to camp out with Nick tonight. We have a bedtime ritual and tonight I got to do it with just Geremu. After we were done reading, talking about the day and praying I bent down to kiss him goodnight and said, "Good night my birthday boy." To which he replied, "Good night my birthday girl."

I'll update this again soon to answer some of the questions that have been recently left in the comments.

1 comment:

Finding Joy said...

Happy birthday to the big boy! What a special day. The pic of him falling over with the present is my favorite...trip and fall, but DO NOT let go of the gift! :)