So tonight at open house Nick met Gerald (aka Evan) and his family. He is in Cullen's class and he rides the bus with Cullen. Apparently he talks about Cullen as much as Cullen talks about Gerald. Cullen is the only one that calls him Gerald and hopefully that stops after our talk tonight.
The open house was a "picnic", we really weren't sure what it was all about. There was never a memo or flier that came home in Cullen's folder, it was just on the calender that he brought home the first week of school. I asked Cullen if his teacher said anything today and he said his teacher was sick so she wasn't in school today. Nick asked me if we were suppose to bring something, I had no idea. We arrive and quickly learned that by "picnic" it meant we were suppose to bring a blanket and food so we could "picnic" it up in the gym. I have no idea how all the other parents knew but I do know that there were plenty of families like ours that were completely in the dark.
I only stayed at Cullen's open house long enough to bring some scrap wood and paper into Cullen's classroom. Then I headed over to my schools open house, we serve a meal that includes hot dogs, fruit, chips and cookies. The best way to get families into the school is to provide a meal. After the meal we run a shortened mock schedule so it has been a fun but late day.
I'm looking forward to a weekend at home after running around for the past few weekends.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
okay, first, i just laughed so hard at gerald's name being evan that george popped his head in the room to find out what was so funny. he didn't think it was funny, but he's weird (and he doesn't follow your blog!)
second. loved that comment you left. i was perusing thru pictures at that exact moment to get some inspiration for the next blog...it'll happen tonight. :)
third. girl, get a facebook. change your last name so your students don't find you or whatever, but get one, if for no other reason than so i don't have to click eight million links to leave you a comment. :)
oh, and ps. george clooney may be too cool for FB, but come on...
I agree...get a face book! TONS of teachers have it. Just never accept a student, past or present to be your friend. No one can see your account but your accepted friends. Get with the times WOMAN!
i had to laugh about your open house. don't you love when things are "communicated" in such a way all you can do is show up and hope for the best?
Pretty sure you had a facebook account in the Spring, what happened??
You can block facebook so the only people that search you are in certain networks....do you really think your students want to find you anyway?? hahaha!!!
Evan...sounds like a sweet boy :)
I just laughed out loud that Gerald's real name is Evan. Crack me up! I have experienced that whole "what the heck are we supposed to do?" thing with things at school as well. :)
As for Facebook...I'll be your friend!
lookie there. 12 hours and your FB friend count is higher than cullen's...
Post a Comment