Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Weekend Apart

This past weekend I took Nasuuna and Cullen to my parents house. Some how I managed to go across the state without any coats for the kids- thankfully I remembered my own. I did however manage to leave my coat at my parents house- ugh...

Nick decided to stay home with Geremu, he was showing some signs that he need a little special alone time. Geremu and Nick had a great time together swimming, playing at the gymnastics center, going out to eat, etc.

Nasuuna and Cullen also had a good time getting extra attention. Aunt Kathy spent a morning with Cullen, she has a little something special up her sleeve for his birthday... To be shown at a later date.

Nasuuna LOVES Kennedy, actually Nasuuna had a hard time leaving her alone. Thankfully Kennedy doesn't seem to mind too much. They danced together...
Watched a movie together...
Nasuuna would even try to sneak in a kiss once in a while.
Which resulted in uncontrollable laughter...
Cullen was quite happy as always....
Pop took Callan and Cullen to the hometown "Mall of America". I was a little confused trying to figure out where they went. Turns out he was referring to the Pawn Shop- LOL. It pretty much made Cullen's weekend...
Granny and Nasuuna also snuggled it up...
It was nice that the kids all got a little special alone time this past weekend. They were quite happy to be reunited again by the end of the weekend...
Last week we were eating and Geremu asked for another roll. It was the end of the meal and Nasuuna was walking toward the sink to clear her plate. She stopped mid-step grabbed the roll off her plate and threw it at Geremu. He wasn't even looking up and it hit him right in the head. I was so shocked by what I saw I said, "NASUUNA" She looked at me and honestly had this look like she had no idea what she did wrong. Cullen fell off his chair laughing, "Mom, I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing. She is so funny." Geremu was chewing on the roll that hit him in the head. He didn't care how it was delivered he was just happy to have another roll. It appears we can't have company over anytime soon for a meal- I wish I could say this sort of incident only happens once in a while but every night I find myself shaking my head at how dinner plays out.

I'll leave you with two videos, one is a new song Nasuuna learned at school...
The other is Geremu telling Nasuuna how tough she is, this happens anytime she gets hurt...

No comments: