Love this warm weather but I also love me some snow! Hoping next weekend brings snow fun... But if the current temps hold steady I'm not sure that will happen. The kids spent a lot of time outside this weekend. Today they went to a Local State Park to enjoy the weather...

Nasuuna and Adisa experienced a first together- ice covering a large body of water...

Which resulted in a few falls and some wet kids. Adisa still has his arm in a cast- so no worries about him breaking it again.


Below you will see two of my children showing how "tough" they are before heading out for a little bike riding. Who would have ever thought I'd be teaching one of my children to ride a bike in early Feb. in Wisconsin? Nasuuna has never been on a bike other than a boda boda (motorcycle). We've got a LONG ways to go before she will be off and running but she looked tough during everyone of her falls.
I'm posting two videos to show just how far Nasuuna has come in the last 3 months. When we first met she could not jump and actually get her feet off the ground. Now when she wants to be held she jumps right up into our arms... Or head...
When Nasuuna came home she could easily carry heavy loads, including kids (and she still can) but she was considered to have "very low muscle tone". The low muscle tone was the most obvious with her mouth. Her mouth was open the majority time (day and night) with her tongue hanging out when she wasn't smiling. I rarely notice her do this anymore. If she is doing it, it's usually because she is concentrating so hard on something else she is doing.
I can't wait to post a video of another trick that I walked in on her and Geremu practicing the other day... Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment