Monday, February 13, 2012

The Quilt of Many Colors

If you follow the blog you may remember me talking about the clothing that a tailor in Uganda made for both Nasuuna and I before we left. Nasuuna had 3 different outfits (dresses and a dress/pants outfit) made and I had two skirts. When we left the shop the tailor, who might I add did amazing work, gave us what was left of the material she used to make the outfits. I brought it home and gave it to my Aunt Kathy who turned it into a beautiful quilt and pillow case for Nasuuna...
It's sort of hard to see the pillow in this picture, it's up in the left hand corner. This picture doesn't do the quilt justice, it is A-MAZING. Aunt Kathy took the material then added some additional colors/material to make it all come together. Nasuuna LOVES it. I was sort of hoping to save it for her so she would have a little bit of Uganda when she is older but Nasuuna insists on using and loving it. Thanks for the quilt Aunt Kathy!

2 comments:

CurtDog Sr. said...

Beautiful! Aunt Kathy is one in a million!

Cindy said...

That is just beautiful!