She is the red head of the family (my mothers hair is reddish, just not all out red) which has always provided loads of entertainment. I remember reading her yearbook in middle school and seeing someone had written, "Megan your blazing red hair sets my heart a-fire". I still like quoting the kid that wrote that. Her hair is naturally curly as you can see from the picture below but she spends lots of time daily straightening it. When we were walking to classes together in college nothing use to make me smile quite like a humid day.
So here are a few of my favorite memories of Megan: - Staying up late with a glow-in-the-dark gertie ball playing dodge ball in the dark (we still like to do this when we get together). When we would hear my father open the bedroom door we would dive into bed and pretend we were sleeping. I'm pretty sure we didn't fool him, we would go from screaming to sleeping in about 1 second flat.
- Megan use to be a FREAK at night, growing-up she was a chronic sleep walker. There is nothing like watching someone go to the bathroom in the hamper then ask where the toilet paper went.
- Megan had these pj's she was given in 2nd or 3rd grade that she loved. She still has the pj's and likes to pull them out for special occasions although they are now 3/4 length sleeves and carpi's. I wonder if the birth of her child will be considered a "special occasion"?
- We went out for the tennis team in college with $12.00 rackets from K-Mart. Despite the fact that we had never played tennis in our life we ended up making the team and being doubles partners. During one of our matches I was hit really hard in the back of the head with a serve by Megan. I had no idea what had hit me until I turned around and saw Megan bent over laughing. Oh the memories...
For fun we like to "try-out" each others hair (this is done by putting our heads together and wrapping the hair around the opposite persons face). Here is what Megan would look like with Colleen's hair- scary! Apparently Megan thinks the crazy face goes with the hair.
Here was a threat I got on my e-mail from Megan before I wrote this post up:
Just remember when it's Kyle and Megan day that I shared a room with you for 19 years. Be careful what you write. I know all your dirty secrets and I'm not afraid to start a blog, even it it mean exposing you huddling in the corner of our bedroom in the fetal position because you're afraid of the wrath of the gertie ball.
3 comments:
Is the bottom picture what Megan's baby would look like with black hair?????????????
I hope so, that baby would be SUPER attractive. I just hope Kyle has time to shave when the baby comes--I've never seen that pic- he looks smokin' HOT! :)
OMG Prego Meg-o that sounds just like Luke McNeese's nick name.
Give credit where credit is due --to good old Rocky Top
Post a Comment