- Have you ever heard that everyone has a voice twin? This may be hard to believe, especially since I have had no vocal training, but my voice twin is Jewel. Yep, I sound like Jewel when I sing. You might not hear it upon first listening to me but if you heard me with good acoustics (like the bathroom) there’s no mistaking it. Regardless of what my family will comments, trust me on this- Jewel. What’s even better is that I have a cousin that thinks he sounds like Billy Joel, true story.
- While I'm mentioning my voice I might as well also admit to singing along to songs despite the fact that I don't always know the words to them. This is a trait I get from my father and Geremu gets from me.
- I do not like watching movies for an assortment of reasons. Mostly because I can't stand the stress of them and I hate when they end up sad because I just can’t stop thinking about it.
- Now reality television, that’s another story. Insert Chris Harrison’s voice, I must admit that the last rose ceremony “was the most shocking yet…”
- I’m a middle school technology education teacher (a chip off the old block) and I LOVE school picture day! The best part of school picture day when it’s planned perfectly. This is tricky, it means getting your picture taken when there are not any kids around, like before school. When all goes well no one ever sees the picture until the yearbook comes out on the last day of school. If I had figured out how much fun school pictures were when I was younger my parent’s picture wall would have a lot more personality.
Let me hear you now, “Don’t you wish your girlfriend was hot like me…”
This school picture really isn't very old, and I'd like to take credit for the hair but it's not really mine. Hard to believe, right? I have even better ones but unfortunately none are saved to the hard drive. I can't help but smile when I look at my school ID.
So here is my better half, Nick. You can look but don't touch...

Nick is also a technology education teacher but at the high school level. We met in college during our junior year. I always thought I married my dad until recently when I realized I'm actually becoming my father. Here are a few tid bits of information for your enjoyment:
- Nick is one of the hardest workers I know and although I might tell him to get his bumper home from school sooner, his work ethic is one of the many reasons I married him.
- Nick pays attention to details like no one I've ever met in my life. It's never about the destination but rather the journey.
- Nick really enjoys being with our boys, there are times when I can hear the three of them playing and I often wonder who is having more fun.
- Nick has approximatly 2 chest hairs, he seems to grow one everytime we add a memeber to our family. I'm really hoping a third one sprouts soon...
I'm not going to blog about the boys tonight, I'll save that for a later date but if you are interested in seeing new pictures of them, check them out at: http://smilestore.picturepeople.com/my/images?tk=133268a1-214c-4dff-a754-08428ea03ddd
Now perhaps you can see how both of them ended up with pneumonia this week.
1 comment:
Okay that picture of you ROCKS!!! You must post more!!!
Post a Comment