Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Katie

My sister Katie was the first born and if you ever read anything on birth order and personalities, she is a textbook first born child and we all LOVE her for it.
She is married to her high school sweet heart Erik. They have known each other since she was 14 years old, I think it was his car she first fell in love with first. It was a sweet little purple convertible that smelt like gas and got all the ladies! Last year they celebrated their 10 year anniversary in London.
Katie has 3 boys, Curtis (5 years old), Johnny (3 years old) and Andrew (about 4 months old) and she is a full-time stay at home mom. She just get a new part time job and is now on the park board in the town she lives in. Here are some things I really admire and love about Katie.
  • At a very young age Katie's dream was to live in our home town and be the President of our Alumni Booster Club.

  • Katie is not afraid of change. In the last 5 years they have lived in several different places including the Netherlands. Not an easy thing to do when you have two young kids.

  • When Katie gets her haircut, she renames herself according to who she now looks like. Some examples include: Jennifer Anniston, Faith Hill and Victoria Beckham. She also isn't afraid to send out pictures of her "bad" haircuts.

  • Katie pays attention to the weather like she is the Doppler radar. If there is a storm coming your way, she's the first to know about it and warn you about it. She once read a book about how to read clouds and now she can predict weather better than any local meteorologist.

  • Katie is allergic to adhesives when they are placed on her skin. For example band-aids or athletic tape, these all make her swell. Apparently wax does the same thing but she didn't know it. Imagine coming home for Easter one year to a sister that is suffering from "fat face" but with a great set of eyebrows. Oh the horror of it...

  • Katie is an involved person. If someone was in trouble or needed something she wouldn't hesitate to get step in.
Katie is a lot of fun to hang around and her hubby, Erik, is a man of many talents.

Did I mention this is what a doctoral degree from Notre Dame will teach you?

Katie also has a blog for those of you interested: http://www.hollandorbust.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Life's A Journey... said...

I need a resume...might just copy and paste this into a word document and print it out! Well said! And you forgot to tell everyone how JEALOUS you are about my cloud reading abilities!

Anonymous said...

Fat Face: That could be my favorite Easter ever. That was the best gift any bunny could bring. If only we knew who had the pictures..

1 thing you can add to her list:
- Around Thanksgiving, shortly after the new baby was born-her middle child told his preschool teacher, "I'm thankful for breast milk." LOL

AnnMarie & Nick said...

I have pictures of Katie with Fat Face but I don't want to post that now. I was thinking of saving it for something really special. Katie let me know if you want to attach the picture to your resume so they can get a good look at you!

Life's A Journey... said...

You are BOTH DORKS!

obcm35 said...

ya know what I love about Katie---she is so calm, she never worries about a thing!! I have learned to function from the best.
I used to think America ran on Dunkin but I learned last week that Katie runs on Dunkin and would keep them in business if they built a store in New Prague..last but not least she LOVES to share her drink with anyone that is willing!!

Coach said...

That's my son-in-law! He learned from the best- my sister Colleen.