So tonight we went out to buy Geremu new shoes. If I had known how much he was going to enjoy shoes shopping I would have done this much sooner. In the past when I've gotten him shoes I've just picked them out and brought them home. This has only happened twice, Crocs and Uggs, both of these shoe styles are they type that if you come close to the correct shoe size they fit. Lately Geremu has been wearing an old pair of Cullen's shoes that he found in the garage. I'm guessing it's because his Uggs are getting a bit small or maybe it's just because he likes them. The kid LOVES shoes.
So when we walked in a store with a few different cute shoes that looked to be his size I held a few pairs down. He picked up a pair that both Nick and me agreed would work. The man went in back and got his size, brought them out and Geremu was in HEAVEN! Once he put those shoes on he walked in front of the mirrors checking them out, walking up to people saying, "look at" and point his toe (Mike F. style). The man told him to run and he took off like a bat out of hell, right out of the store. Don't worry Nick paid. Geremu wanted to walk around and when we finally got him back in the stroller he sat with his legs straight out in front of him to look at his new shoes. From the moment we started looking at shoes Geremu was saying, "Thank you Mama" and he continued to randomly say it tonight when he would look out at his shoes. Even in his car seat his legs were sticking straight out in front of him so he could admire his new shoes.
Looks like Geremu and Mama have a new hobby- shoe shopping!
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's TOO cute!
I knew I LOVED that kid!!! :)
Ahhhh a boy after my own heart....my mom used to tell me that when I was little no matter where we went or whose house it was the second we got there I would find their closet and begin modeling shoes....hmmmmm maybe I have missed my true calling...
Post a Comment