Anyways, today was Ann and Nick's court date. They went to court and everything seemed to be going well until the Judge told her that he was going on vacation until December 2nd, and he would give her his final ruling once he got back. THAT'S RIGHT....you heard me...DECEMBER 2nd! They are seeing what else can be done to try to speed things up, so they can come home before then. Fingers and toes crossed that something falls through, and they are able to leave much sooner.
Nick will be coming back to the States as planned in the beginning of November, as his part in court is done. One of my Uncles will be joining Ann Marie after Nick leaves for a few weeks, so she's not by herself the whole time. She is VERY much looking forward to that. I think he is JUST the right person for the job and I'm sure we'll have many funny stories in the coming weeks.
If you would like to help their family, I set up a care calendar where you can go on a website, look at a calendar, and choose a night to bring Nick and the boys dinner. If Ann and Nick want me to add yard work or house work to it, I will. But rumor has it with the great neighbors they have, it's not needed quite yet.
If you are interested in signing up for a date to bring a meal to her house, please contact me: kaleaver@yahoo.com and I will email you the web address and login information to get you started. (I do not want to post it, and give out their personal information on the web). Please feel free to pass along my email address to others that know Ann Marie and Nick who would be willing to help. Together we can help make this transitional time for their family as smooth as possible on our end.
Keep in mind if you live far away and want to help, you can always order pizza, Jimmy John's subs, or meals that can be delivered to their house. Also, if they do come back earlier than December, it's nice to have meals delivered when you have a new baby/child to adjust. So, I'll keep it up and running as long as Ann Marie doesn't mind, until Christmas.
Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers, as I know they are missing their boys, and the boys are missing them!
Thanks for your support!
Katie
No comments:
Post a Comment