Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Better Few Days

After the court news I wasn't sure how Ann Marie would sound when I spoke with her yesterday. To my surprise, she sounded much better. She has her daughter staying with her and is learning a lot about what she knows and doesn't know. She has shared some really funny stories with me and I asked her to write some down so I can copy and paste them into the blog. I'm not certain how much information I am able to share, and don't want to cause trouble by sharing too much.

I can tell you this. She is doing well, and enjoying her "Girl." They have a LOT to get done before Nick leaves and have busy days until then. They ventured to a market yesterday, and it sounds like their "girl" is gonna LOVE shopping just as much as Auntie Katie does. Ann bought her a handmade doll for $5.00 and she hasn't put it down since. Ann also laid out a few outfits for her to choose from, and after she got dressed she just stared at herself in the mirror for a long time. She did it again tonight after she put her PJ's on. So sweet.

Today I got to meet my niece on Skype video chat. She is SO adorable and even though she referred to me as "Uncle Katie" she's a TOTAL keeper! I just wanted to reach through the screen and eat her up! Ann says she is a real "pleasure" to be around. It sounds like each day, the bonding and trust is getting stronger.

Their daughter also got to meet her brothers today via Skype. The way technology makes our world seem that much smaller is AMAZING to me! My parents said that the boys were excited to meet their new sister, and had lots to ask/tell her. I guess Geremu asked her if she spoke French, and then tried speaking to her in some of his native language that he remembers. Cullen tried speaking to her in Spanish. This girl is going to get SO much attention and loving from her family, so won't know what to do with it!

On the opposite side of the globe, Cullen and Geremu seem quite happy. My mom and dad are there for a long 5 day weekend. Last night when I called them, Cullen was laying in bed snuggling with my mom and said, "I'm pretty much just snuggling with Granny and LOVING IT IT!" Cullen also told me his and Granny's room was the "Non-Snoring Room" and that Pop and Geremu were in the "Snoring Room!" I'm sure both boys are loving the undivided GRANDPARENT time. It doesn't come along too often with 8 grand kids, so they are soaking it up for all it's worth! SO glad my parents are able to spend this time when them!

On another note, I'm amazed at the amount of support that is coming in every minute from around the USA for Ann Marie's family. She told me that she's so busy and consumed there, that she doesn't have time to think about back home. I told her there is NO need to, because everyone is pulling together to do their part.We have people making meals, bringing meals to freeze from now-December! (Even further I think!) People sending food, donating time to watch their kids, buying clothes, toys, and other items for their daughter, and sending gift cards for the family. It is truly amazing at the wonderful support back home by friends, family, neighbors, and other adoptive families that Ann and Nick have developed friendships with. You guys rock, and will make this time much easier on them! I can't even begin to say thank you enough! When I gave Ann the latest update today, all she could say was "WOW!"

I'll keep posting and if Ann doesn't give me enough info for a post, then the old stories and pics will come out!






No comments: