Came a night early!
The boys could not have been more excited. They came downstairs this morning to look for Rootsy (our Elf on the Shelf) and found their stockings full.
The boys filled out "paper work" this past summer to adopt another Elf. When Rootsy was the only elf to show up this year they asked me why there wasn't another one. I explained that adoption sometimes takes longer than a year. Truth be told, I thought I'd be able to find the brown Elf on the shelf around here but it turns out stores are only caring the "blue eyed Elf". So today Santa left the boys a note telling them that Rootsy is now bringing along his mouse friend to help keep an eye on the boys. They are to treat the mouse the same as they would Rootsy, so they named him Gumdrop.
Hopefully the new Elf adoption is completed before the holiday season next year. 
The boys enjoyed playing with their new goods. This year the gingerbread house they received came smashed in several little pieces. It took a hot glue gun and lots of frosting to fill the holes.
The finished house is now displayed with the new tree Cullen grew today. Look closely it is in front of the house.
Yesterday the kids attended their first "Christmas Party". The adult party (it was a work party) was upstairs and the kids party was in the basement- babysitters provided. They had pizza, ice cream parfaits, played games watched Toy Story 3 and got goodie bags when they left. They had such a good time, I'm sort of wishing I had been invited to attend the basement party.
1 comment:
i love the whole adoption paperwork/adoption takes longer concept!!!! :)
hey, email me so i can (re)have your email...
mkc217@aol.com :)
we need to catch up. :)
Post a Comment