This year Nick let Cullen pick the Christmas tree out. Nick informed me that Cullen picked out the first tree he spotted, it was all about speed and not appearance. Next year we will know better and have the boys look around before they decides on a tree. We have a tree that has character, when the boys first decorated it all the ornaments were on the lower 2-3 feet of the tree. Every night I grab a few ornaments and move them up to try and balance the tree out a little.
I have learned that some battles are not worth the fight. The tree is one such battle, I don't stop the boys from playing with it, I have bigger fish to fry. We have pretty much lost most of the pine needles on the lower part of the tree for one reason or another. At one point this holiday season Cullen called for Nick to "come find me". Cullen was found in the middle of the tree he crawled under all the lights and up and was hiding. When Nick walked in the room Cullen yelled, "I'm in here" then proceeded to thrust his arms out waving, pine needles were flying everywhere.
I can not wait to get this tree out of the house, I have to use the shop vac every day to clean-up. Nick's family is coming to celebrate Christmas later this week. The tree will remain up until the last guest leaves then it will be the first thing out the door.
I have learned that some battles are not worth the fight. The tree is one such battle, I don't stop the boys from playing with it, I have bigger fish to fry. We have pretty much lost most of the pine needles on the lower part of the tree for one reason or another. At one point this holiday season Cullen called for Nick to "come find me". Cullen was found in the middle of the tree he crawled under all the lights and up and was hiding. When Nick walked in the room Cullen yelled, "I'm in here" then proceeded to thrust his arms out waving, pine needles were flying everywhere.
I can not wait to get this tree out of the house, I have to use the shop vac every day to clean-up. Nick's family is coming to celebrate Christmas later this week. The tree will remain up until the last guest leaves then it will be the first thing out the door.
In other news, this morning Cullen and Geremu helped to make their own pancakes. You might notice that Cullen's teeth have a reddish tint to them, this is what happens when you lick the cap of the red food coloring...
No comments:
Post a Comment