Monday, August 9, 2010

Triathlon

Sunday morning we got up early, REALLY early, in the pouring rain, thunder and lightning to complete in a triathlon. It was the same group as last year (Erica, Curt and Patrick), as well as, a newcomer (Callan).
It was done thundering and lighting by the time we arrived to the park. It was still raining and 62 degrees when we were waiting for our waves to take off (I was shivering), but we could see blue sky across the lake. By the time I had gotten out of the water on the swim portion the sky was no longer black and cloudy but had turned blue.

I was able to snap a few pictures of some of our group members finishing up their run.
Here Callan is just a block or two from the finish. Here Erica is finishing-up her run. Patrick look pretty darn good rounding one of the last corners.
Nick and I stuck together for the bike and run portion, we were in different waves so we started the swim 2 minutes apart from each other. We had a lot of fun and continue to enjoying doing this type of thing together.
Erica's mother, Beth, came to our house early in the morning. When the boys woke up she got them ready before coming out to watch us all finish up. The boys were happy to see her again.
After all the mornings fun we came back to our house for lunch and to enjoy some time together.

No comments: