Wednesday, August 25, 2010

SS Badger= Big Ship, Big Fun

We got up early Sunday morning so that we could catch the SS Badger (car ferry), we were headed over to Michigan to catch up with some good friends.
Here Cullen and Nick are boarding the boat.

We all really enjoyed the 4 hour ride across the lake. We went to the movie theater to watch some movies, played a little BINGO, spent some time in the toy room and arcade as well as ate on board.

I did learn an important lesson while on board. I was up on the deck of the boat, my boys had just left to go to the bathroom. I sat up and the next thing I see is something fly in the air that seemed to come from where I was sitting. I suddenly realize that it is the money that was in my pocket. Instinct kicks in and I jump up to chase it down. I stepped on the money, bent over and pocket it only to realize that more money is flying around. I also realize about this time that everyone on the deck of the ship is watching me. I continued to chase the money down, apparently it came out in 3 chunks. I could go on and describe how at one point I slipped in my flip flops but luckily my cat-like reflexes kicked in, etc... My point is this, if you ever see this happening to someone (and you are one of over 50 people standing/sitting around watching) perhaps, if the money comes your way you could step on it. Seriously, throw a person a bone once in awhile (in their defense most of the people where pretty old). I did however receive lots of applause when the freak show was over. When Nick came back I informed him he missed the show... He just looked at me and shook his head. I think he would have been proud of my speed and agility.

Not only was the ship BIG FUN but it turns out Michigan is BIG FUN too!

I've got lots of pictures to blog... I'll post them tomorrow!

No comments: