Monday, August 16, 2010

Slow Motion

Geremu has this thing where he likes to be first... I'm not sure where he gets that:) So as we were biking he decided to turn around to locate Nick and Cullen. You know, to make sure he was still ahead of them or something. Anyways, when he turned around he started to veer off the road. This is when my life started to move in slow motion. I yell frantically at him, "WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GOING!" As he nails a mailbox with his head and gets stripped off of the bike that continued to ghost ride on through the mailbox owner's flowers. I'm not kidding when I say I never knew a neck/back could bend that far back.

I slam on my brakes and drop my bike in the middle of the road and rushed over to him. Geremu gets up, shakes his head a few times, yells a bit at the mailbox and proceeds on to get his bike. He did not get hurt at all, I can't confirm that the mailbox and flowers had the same outcome. Geremu was wearing his helmet and his head was turned sideways at the time because he was looking back. We (by this time Nick and Cullen had caught up to us) did not let him get back on his bike until he went up to the house and knocked on the door to let them know their mailbox may or may not have been damaged by our kids bike helmet. What are the chances that the mailbox never closed before Geremu hit it?

No comments: