Friday, December 5, 2008

Two Peas in a Pod

December 13th will mark our 6 month anniversary as a family. I can't believe that Geremu has only been with us for 6 months. I love to sit in the boys bedroom at night as they are falling asleep and listen to what they are talking and/or yelling about. Over Thanksgiving while we were at my cousins house Geremu and Cullen were sleeping in the same room but I didn't put them in the same bed. Cullen on a twin mattress on the floor and Geremu on the queen sized bed, I had planned to sleep with him when I went to bed. (At home they share a full size bed, it's a long story but this has improved all of our sleep.) I stayed in the room reading while they were falling asleep and I could hear Geremu whimpering. Before I had a chance to get up to check him Cullen had crawled out of his bed and crawled in with Geremu. I could hear Cullen whispering, "It's okay Geremu." I didn't have the heart to separate them after that so I took the mattress on the floor when I went to bed.

Here are some recent pictures of my two cuddle bugs.

On another note Cullen and Geremu could be in charge of the neighborhood watch program. They love to check out the neighbors yards and tell me what is new in them. Today they found a cage and wanted to go ask the neighbor what kind of pet he has, I actually think it was a trap not a cage.
When Dad is away the boys and me like to play a game we call Hot Dog. This is where someone is the hot dog and they wrap up in a blanket better known as the bun and I drag them around the house. It provides hours of entertainment. Here the boys are preparing to be the hot dogs (sometimes there are multiple hot dogs in a bun).
Here the boys are pulling or attempting to pull Mama Hot Dog.

2 comments:

Coffeybunny said...

AnnMarie,
So sweet that they share a bed. I love it. And the pic of the Neighborhood Watch made me smile. What a fantastic mama you are!

Christina said...

I have a big lump in my throat. Your two boys are such sweethearts. I can't wait for the day when D has a little sibling.

BTW, I shared a bed with one of my siblings until I moved out at the age of 18. We thought it was great! :)