Although it may look like Cullen is getting pony rides around the yard from Nick what is actually happening is Nick is picking dandelions (and Cullen is riding along). This may be the craziest of my husbands traits- he doesn't like to use weed killer or anything to fertilize the lawn because it can pollute the earth but he is willing to spend minutes and sometimes hours picking weeds- I'm not kidding.
We live in a neighborhood where everyone has a beautiful lawns. Pretty much everyone uses a lawn service. We have had neighbors give us the number of their lawn service. I've actually called and had them come to our house but when Nick found out they wanted to "treat" the lawn with chemicals that was the end of considering a lawn care service. Apparently he was looking for someone that was willing to pick all the weeds and dandelions on their hands and knees for a small fee.
I'm sorry to admit I use to help him with his obsession before we had kids. I'm the one that initially purchased the "weed puller". But after pulling both of my hamstrings doing this I called it quits. Nick has improved his technique by crawling around the yard to prevent such injuries from happening to him. I don't think he liked the way I was pulling the weeds either because he would sometimes mention that I didn't get the root- again I'm not kidding.
On a completely different topic Nick and Cullen were outside washing out the fish bowl and Cullen dropped the bowl on the driveway. Thankfully Nemo wasn't in his bowl, Nemo now has a new home.
2 comments:
No WONDER your last name is GERMAN....it's HANS-O-BONS-O the SECOND! In fact- it's Hans and Anna! That's what I'm calling you two! DORKS!
I have to say I'm impressed with your husband doing that. I just told my husband no more chemicals on our yard. I'm not willing to pull the weeds, though. They can just grow there. I like yellow.
Angela :-)
Post a Comment