Today Cullen had a splendid idea, he wanted to surprise his Dad with a birthday party. I love a good party and since Nick's birthday is in January I had a pretty good idea he would be surprised. So Cullen made a card and practiced playing his train whistle. When he was done with these activities he wanted to know the status of Dad's cake and candles. Frankly, a cake and candles never crossed my mind. But what's a party without a cake? So I let Cullen help me make brownies. This seemed like a good idea until Cullen got mad because I wouldn't let him break the eggs. When Nick came home from school Cullen ran to hide then yelled, "SURPRISE"! Cullen gave him the birthday card- let me interpret it for you, it says, "march, march, march" (picture below). Then I sang Happy Birthday while Cullen played the train whistle, as you can imagine we
compliment each other nicely.
After all that excitment Nick took Cullen outside to play. This was the scene from my kitchen window minutes later. 
I'm not sure who's idea this was but Cullen was hiding in his "house" with an unbrella for a partial roof and Nick was spraying the hose like it was raining outside. Cullen ended up a bit wet but he was loving every minute.
1 comment:
I knew it. Your all nuts!
Post a Comment