Here are some of the sites of Addis....
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Addis Ababa
Ethiopia was amazing and beautiful and I had a heck of a time while there. I've been catching up on life since returning. I did some stuff with my friend Maureen then on days when she was busy with her new little one I went on solo (with a hired translator and driver) trips. My first post here will include sites from the Addis Ababa. This is the capitol city and frankly it's my least favorite part of Ethiopia. There are things within the capitol city that are worth seeing and doing but the traffic is enough to drive a person crazy!

Shoe shinning/polish anyone?
Since my last trip to Ethiopia the traffic has gotten a lot busier in Addis, I was stuck in traffic 3 times while in Addis, once because the Prime Minister was either coming or going and they stop all traffic.
This is one of the churches I visited on Entoto Mountain.
I learned a bit about how things are represented within the churches (the main theme being "the Father, Son and Holy Spirit) I also got the chance to tour some rock/in-ground churches.
Lastly, this picture is from Hosanna (a town down south), I just wanted to include it because of the kid doing the splits. Once you get out of the city kids are much more curious and will do things to get your attention. If you could have seen how fast the kid dropped into the splits position you would have been amazed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What an amazing trip!! Glad you are home and updating us again :)
Post a Comment