Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday, Sunday

The beautiful weather got the boys up bright and early.
They tag teamed making pancakes and eating them...
An early morning fire took place burn up some of the dead shrubs in our yard.
What would a fire be without marshmallows?Apparently Geremu needed to wash his food down with a little drink, I didn't spot this until I zoomed in on this picture. I took the boys on a bike ride to a field and we brought along some equipment (nets and the bug habitat) and went crazy chasing grasshoppers and moths. Cullen was busy most of the time.
Geremu brought along a whistle and blew it every time he saw a bird because that was all he wanted to catch. He ended up getting mad at us because we were busy chasing our own finds and ignoring his whistle so he called it quits after a while...
Until I offered him the camera, he did take a lot of pictures. Most of which look like this
and this...
When we got home we decided it was time to make some experiments. Both boys decided to grow these little crystal balls (I really don't even know what they are) in different liquids. They got to pick their five liquids and see what would happen. They were amazed at the different results.
We have a tree in our yard that sheds a cotton like material in the spring. It's messy and it floats all over and sticks in various places: the screens of our windows, Geremu's hair, etc... I know I should just chop the tree down but I decided as a temporary fix I would instead cut Geremu's hair. While I was at it I also cut Nick and Cullen's hair too. The tree is not completely to blame they really all needed their haircut.
Afterwards they got to run through the sprinkler to clean off.

No comments: