Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

I often feel like I should share more about what is going through my head but I don't/won't publicly. So instead I'll leave you with this excellent read and tell you a few things about the day I don't want to forget.

I got LOTS of homemade gifts from my boys for Mother's Day. Cullen is WAY into the day, he has been mentioning it for some time so I was pretty sure they had been talking it about in school for a while. He came home on Friday with a flower he planted for me as well as an envelope with some goodies he made. One of the gifts was a flower (made out of a paper plate) there was a poem in the middle of the flower explaining how it worked. All of the pedals on the flower were coupons that I can redeem from Cullen. I told him I couldn't wait to redeem the coupons to which he replied, "What's a coupon and what does redeem mean?" After I explained how it all worked he asked me to read what the pedals said, so I started reading them off to him. He was smiling and nodding most of the time until I came to one that said, "I will pick up my toys." As soon as I read it he said, "Oh no, not that!" A gift straight from the heart, I'm pretty sure my flower would have had less pedals if he could read- LOL.

My parents came last night to spend a bit of time with us this weekend. The boys each decorated cakes for them. Cullen was all serious saying, "Granny bird I made you this cake because I think you are soooooo special."
Geremu said, "Pop, I make cake for you with pink, purple and yellow frosting!" The next minute Geremu had his fingers in the cake eating the frosting off the cake, "I make Pop."

It was great to spend some time with my mom on Mother's Day.
Here are a few pictures from today.

No comments: