Sunday, March 7, 2010

Um, We've Got A Gas Problem...

Please don't judge me by what I'm about to tell you. Here is my short version: we were headed down to see my Grandparents on Saturday and we ran out of gas on a pretty busy interstate.
So we were...

Literally, to get some gas. *The above picture is the gas station we filled up with once we were back in business.


I'd love to say this is my first time running out of gas but it seems to be a minor problem I've had before. You may remember this post. If the truth be told this has happened to me WAY more times then it should but in my defense my first vehicle's gas gage didn't read 100% accurately. I do have a gas light that goes on when the vehicle gets low but apparently I need a bell. I have NEVER run out of gas with my kids in my vehicle, well until yesterday I hadn't. I have however run out of gas on the interstate with my mother in the car. Right after passing a gas station and telling her to "be a gambler" because I wanted to make it to the next exit with a Kwik Trip (I love Kwik Trip!). The good news is I've always had my running shoes in the vehicle and I've been able to solve the problem relatively quickly.

This was Nick's first time running out of gas and for the record I blame him completely. Since he was a Rookie he got the honor of running to the next exit and running back with a gallon of gas. I'm going to give him a score of 8 out of 10 on his timeliness and efficiency, not a shabby score for a beginner.

The weather was BEAUTIFUL this weekend. We had a great time visiting my grandparents and parents yesterday. Then spent today outside with the boys. We got the bikes out and as you can see from Geremu's enthusiasm he was excited to get off and riding.

Cullen on the other hand doesn't like riding his bike. Cullen is a cautious biker and Geremu really isn't, he is basically FULL SPEED AHEAD. Cullen got scard and tired of Geremu playing chicken with him everytime he got on his bike so he now prefers to run.

And run he does...

Today Nick and Geremu biked around the neighborhood while Cullen ran after them.
It really was a sight to see.

No comments: