Monday, February 22, 2010

Geronimo!

My Grandpa Bob (my mother's father) affectionately calls Geremu, Geronimo. Bob is pretty much 100% with it, his hearing is going a bit but he is totally with it. He just can't remember Geremu's name and he calls him Geronimo. Geremu isn't the only name that Bob screws up. My sister Colleen has been dating a guy, Luke, for at least two years now and Bob always refers to him as Jake. I think it's so funny that Bob makes nicknames for people and doesn't even seem to know he is doing it. Frankly, the name Geronimo fits Geremu pretty well- I like it.

This past weekend I was cleaning Bob's house. I didn't want to miss Apolo Anton Ohno's race and since Bob was watching the Olympics I asked him to call me for his next race. A little while later I heard Bob yell, "Annie, Uno's racing again". I couldn't help but smile, another GREAT nickname by Bob!

One more Bob story for you. We went to church this past Saturday afternoon. In the middle of mass I decided to tell Bob something I thought he would get a kick out of. So I lean over and say, "Hey Bob, I've got Olympic Fever", meaning we are going to need to leave a little early so I can catch more the of Olympics. But Bob didn't hear me so he says, "What Annie?" Not so quietly. I lean over and repeat myself a little louder. Again I get a, "What Annie? I can't hear you." This sequence repeated itself one more time. Finally I gave up trying to tell Bob what I was saying after I figured everyone in the church knew I had Olympic fever except for G'pa Bob.

2 comments:

hotflawedmama said...

I love Geronimo and want Bob to be part of my family!

obcm35 said...

Are you sure Bob doesn't just think your sister is Cindy??? I still think he calls Chris my boyfriend and we are on kid #2!!! Gotta love him