Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ouch-ow Mama!

Well we had another incident at our house and I'll give you one guess who was involved. If you said Geremu can I get a ding-ding-ding? Here's what happened, Cullen came running into our bedroom with undies on his head and nothing on his bottom he was looking out the leg hole. Nick and me both laughed and told him he was silly. Geremu runs out of the room and comes back in with another pair of Cullen's undies on his head and nothing on his bottom. He is by me so I grab his cute little bumper and he take off full speed ahead. Well I didn't realize it but Geremu didn't put an eye to a leg hole so he couldn't see where he was going. Needless to say he ran smack-dab into my dresser. My dresser is about the same height as Geremu's head so he hit the upper ledge with his forehead. Here are the results of the hit.Megan if you are reading this, does this remind you of when you wrapped an ace bandage around your head? If I recall correctly Mom pounded on the ground pretending to chase you and you ran into the door frame giving yourself a concussion. Ah, the memories.

So I called the doctor to make sure we didn't need to bring him in and since it's under 2" (it's only 1 1/2" I measured to be sure) we just need to keep a close eye on him. We iced it for a painfully long 30 minutes to keep the swelling to a minimum. Then he was back up and running- literally.

Here Cullen is comforting Geremu.


Here Geremu is thanking Cullen for the comforting.

Nick just said to me, "The helmet doesn't have to be dorky, I mean we could get him a cool one." This is not the first lump Geremu has received on his head. Remember when the social worker was coming and he ran into the closet door (November)? Then over Christmas break he hit his head on my parents banister. His head swells-up and it swells-up fast (by the time I had the undies off his head it was rather large). I'm starting to think an everyday helmet might not be out of the question.

One last story, so after icing Geremu's head I put his pj's on and he played with Cullen for awhile. Then the boys came to talk to us and Nick says, "What's under Geremu's pajamas?" He lifts Geremu's shirt up and pulls the pants down just a bit and Geremu is tangled in a pair of my underwear. That's right- my underwear. How these got tangled on him under his pajamas is beyond me.

4 comments:

Coffeybunny said...

A cool helmet might not be a bad idea!
Thanks for the laugh, especially about grabbing The Pirate's "bumper". You're a hoot.

Life's A Journey... said...

Poor Geremu! He's a household Hazard!

Christina said...

Oh, poor poor Geremu. Just looking at that bump makes my head hurt.

Anonymous said...

That is an unbelievable bump, however--YOU ARE YOUR MOTHER!! That does remind me of the ace bandage episode...and brings back memories of Dad yelling, "WHY WOULD YOU COVER YOUR FACE WITH AN ACE BANDAGE??? YOU NEED TO USE COMMON SENSE!!"


LOL