Sunday, November 30, 2008

Outside Christmas Lights

When I heard the snow was on its way this afternoon I decided to put the outside Christmas lights up without Nick around. Since the weather was a comfortable 33 degrees and I had 2 little helpers I figured it might even be fun.

Geremu loves to have a hand in everything that needs to be done and putting the Christmas lights up was no exception. I finally figured out what I thought would be the perfect job for him, he would be in charge of holding the string of lights as I hung them. Little did I know that as the string started to get out of his reach he would manage to find a way to continue holding on to it regardless of how high off the ground it would get. Here is the position I found him in after I got off of the ladder to grab the next string of lights. I think he just used the back of the ladder to get up onto the window ledge (and that is a spatula in his hand, I'll get to that later).

Cullen on the other hand started out helping and caring all the lights outside but then got distracted. While I was busy putting up lights he was busy "fixing lunch". I wasn't paying very close attention to him because he seemed so busy but after awhile I realized he had a lot of my good kitchen utensils outside to "make lunch" with snow (hence the spatula in Geremu's hand). I tried talking him into using my not so good utensils but he told me they "weren't good" (no kidding). The good news is that after all the snow Cullen and Geremu ended up eating they weren't very hungry for lunch. One last picture of Geremu trying to sneak up on the ladder (Dad I know how dangerous this is). Geremu is such a fast climber, after I found him this high I had to lay the ladder down every time I went to grab anything. I have to worry about his climbing because although he has incredible balance (and I don't think he is going to fall off) he is completely fearless and he knows it's much faster to jump down then climb.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like TC will have to pay you a visit and give you a little lesson on safety! He won't be happy.