Monday, November 17, 2008

The Finished Product

Just wanted to make sure I posted some pictures of the boys finished painting products.

Here they are: Geremu has an Elf mask...
and Cullen has a snowman mask. (Clearly they get their art skills from their father.)
Well as I reported yesterday Cullen hasn't been feeling 100%. Last night his fever was at 104.1 and he was up most of the night. So today Nick stayed home with the boys and took Cullen to the doctor. Survey says; Cullen has strep. He is feeling much better and back to himself tonight. He is so proud of his mask they gave him. After he went to bed tonight I tossed it for fear someone else would end up with strep from wearing it.The boys asked to make turtle cookies tonight and since I LOVE cookies they didn't have to do to much to talk me into making them.
Turtle cookies aren't exactly what they sound like, there is no chocolate, carmel or nuts involved they are simply a sugar cookie recipe I got off the Internet decorated as a turtle.
After running out of flour mid-way through making them and having to run to the store to get more we finally finished. Did I mention I wasn't about to roll these cookies out like sugar cookies should be? I just put chunks onto the pan and flattened them with the bottom of a cup. The sprinkles are little turtles (thanks to Katherine and Erica). The cookies didn't taste nearly as good as they looked. Perhaps I shouldn't just trust any ole' recipe off the Internet.
One last note for the night. Tonight I called my Mom and Dad to see what's up, I call them every night (sometimes multiple times). Anyways, they were "busy" working on papers for a grad class they are taking. Let me just tell you that The Big Guy (TC) ended the conversation with, "If you call back before 8pm I'm not answering the phone." It's so tempting...

No comments: