Thursday, February 12, 2015

USA or BUST!!!

Sino and Phila are both napping right now, and we are hoping to head to the airport about the time they wake up.  We have had a lot of fun in South Africa and plan to return here again.  It has been great getting to know the girls without any distractions. 

The girls are spectacular, honestly. We think the world of them and I think anyone who meets them will as well.  I'm not just saying this because I'm their mother. Their relationship with each other is amazing to watch. They depend on, watch out for, and love each other in ways I have never seen. 
Sino follows around and mimics everything Philasande does.  Everything.  She is constantly watching and taking queues from her on how to react. Sino really looks up to Philasande. It's easy to see why too, Philasande always has one eye on Sino. If I give Phila food she will bite it into pieces to feed sister. If I'm changing a diaper Phila keeps an eye on me to make sure I don't miss wiping a spot, and if I do she jumps in to help me out.  If Sino has gotten into something, Phila walks her to the bathroom to wash her up.  I could go on with more examples, this is so natural for Phila that I don't even think she realize she is doing it most of the time.  Nick and I are trying to teach Philadsande that will will meet their needs but honestly it's hard to beat Phila, she is so freakin' quick.
Both girls are strong willed.  Really strong willed. Which has been a great survival skill. Having parents and a family will take some time to adjust to but I can see the trust building a little more every day. I think the kids at home will bring out a side of them we have yet to see.  
I'll be sure to write more once we are back in the US.  We are having some power issues so the wifi keeps going out, I want to make sure this gets posted and not lost.  So I'd best wrap it up.
See you in the US, we're coming home!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Safe travels to you all.