Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Passports and Visas!

It was another beautiful and hot day in South Africa.  We walked the girls to the park this morning to let them play on slides that were way to hot to be going down.  The slides were actually soft they were so hot.  The girls didn't mind they just found other areas to play.

This afternoon we did a little celebrating by going out with our social worker!
I'm posting these pictures because I can hardly stand the cuteness... 
 Nick ate kudu today, he saw it earlier this week and wanted to try it.
It had a sauce over it that he said was a little spicy and it was grilled on the outside but was a bit raw on the inside.  He thought it was really good.  I'm not a meat eater, so I enjoyed a fabulous salad with couscous and a spicy dressing. 

I have NEVER traveled anywhere in Africa where we have not been pulled over by the police.  This trip was no exception.  Today we got pulled over, this was our second time this trip getting pulled over.  The police officer made it clear he wanted a bribe or our driver would get a ticket.  Nick was holding the money and slipped the officer some cash...  He totally over paid on the bribe (he gave him what would equal about $18).  Nick is no longer in charge of handling money matters in South Africa.  I haven't actually told him yet, but hopefully he reads this post and hands over all his money to me.

Yesterday we had our visa interview at the US Embassy.  It all went well, so today we went back to the embassy to get the visas...  
We now have the passports and visas in our hands and have moved our flights up.  We will arrive home on Friday afternoon to figure out and settle into life as a family of 7!

No comments: