We studied every item very closely to make sure we knew exactly what we wanted to purchase...
Corky liked to pull out the phrase, "I'm sorry it's all I have." When he was wheeling and dealing. At one point Corky got caught in his own lie. When he reached in his pocket to take his money out, his pocket turned inside out, so all his money (which was way more then what he said he had) went flying, along with a credit card. I was dying across the room watching Corky scramble to pick up all his money... That he apparently didn't have. I may have even yelled, "ROOKIE MISTAKE!" to make sure he captured everyones attention. Corky just smiled and laughed.
As I sit here typing this Corky is still giving me tips on how I give in to easy and I don't talk the sellers down enough. He just confessed that he "bought crap he didn't even need" because he talked the people down to a lower price then me and wanted to show me that I could have gotten it for less.
It wasn't just a shopping day... It was another day with animals!
The girls were exhausted from walking around in the sun, so late afternoon naps happened today. Which means the kids got to stay up and party a little later then usual. Overall it was another great day in South Africa!
3 comments:
May I help you publish your first book? You are a prolific writer with a wicked sense of humor that I love reading! Your girls are beautiful and so is South Africa! xo
I can't wait to see what you got me, and the better deal that Corky got it for me at!
Post a Comment