Nasuuna what grade are you going in?
"2"
Nope, 1st remember that. What's your teachers name?
"I don't bemember"
Mrs. Korb. Do you remember where your room is?
"Nope"
What's your name?
"Nasuuna"
No, your last name?
"I be a German"
Her answers are equal parts charming and terrifying. She is my only kid that was not nervous this morning. Cullen killed himself laughing as we had our above conversation.
I'd post a back to school picture for you but I'm not sure any of my neighbors captured the kids and I chasing the bus down this morning. Apparently because of construction that was just started recently the bus can't stop where it usually does... And I didn't get the memo. As Cullen got on the bus he turned around and said to me still out of breath, "Don't worry Mom, I'll walk her to her classroom. I remember where it is."
Thank God for Cullen!
I'd also like to report that I unintentionally sent one of my kids to school with an "activated carbon moisture and odor absorbent" packet in their new lunch box that says, "DO NOT EAT" on it. The good news is, "I couldn't open dis treat so I not eat it."
Overall it was a pretty great 1st day with a few hiccups just to keep me on my toes.
No comments:
Post a Comment