Today was Cullen's 7th Birthday. I can't believe I have a 7 year old...
Cullen is a thoughtful, compassionate, loving and happy kid. In many ways this kid is the heart and soul of this family. He is the mediator and the voice of reason. He is creative and says things that I'm often left scratching my head wondering where he learned that from.
For his birthday we had some friends (Billy & Katie's Family and Maddy) over on Saturday to help us celebrate to the theme of Ugly Dolls & Rainbow Magic. Maddy brought her face paint to liven the party up...
I attempted to recreate something I saw on pinterest but lost interest/failed in doing so after 4 cupcakes...
Today Cullen woke-up to some rainbow pancakes... And lots of love!
Cullen has never been one to ask for the typical present. Two years ago all he wanted was a cuddly sweater for Christmas. This past year he asked for another brother or sister, a month after Nasuuna had come home. So I wasn't too surprised when Cullen told me that he wanted to go on a date with me (his mother) to see The Lorax for his birthday. Be still my heart...

He has wanted to see The Lorax since it went to theaters, the book is one of his favorites. When the movie was over he looked at me and said, "Mom, this is the best Birthday EVER! I'll never forget my 7th Birthday." Man I love this kid!
It does only seem appropriate that a child born on earth day would love all things plants and nature. If there is a seed or plant to plant I can always count on him to do it. I'm certain I have numerous peach and avocado pits, apple seeds and other such things planted all over my yard thanks to Cullen.

Happy Birthday Cullen!
No comments:
Post a Comment