Since my last post things have gotten easier. Turns out I really like my job. I think I was trying to convincing myself that I should be a stay-at-home-mom. Although I do feel guilty for working at times, I love what I do and it's good to be back. Now that I'm back and slowly falling into a groove I'm happy and Nasuuna is too. When I get home from work my shadow attaches right back onto me while I get on with my afternoon/nightly family business...
This weekend we had a lot to celebrate. My kids love a good celebration...
It all started Friday with Nick's Birthday! We prepared and decorated the kitchen on Thursday night while Nick was away so we would be ready to party when the time came.
Nasuuna had a little practice celebrating a birthday before Christmas when our friend Sophia turned 4, so we just assumed she understood the holiday. After we all sang happy birthday (the only words of the song she knows are "happy birthday") she was so excited she screamed, "Merry Christmas." We giggled and she smiled.
Since it was also the 12th day of Christmas Cullen pulled out his "kings crown" and we let the kids blow out a candle too.
We celebrated the 12 days of Christmas this year and ended with Melkam Genna (Ethiopian Christmas). Some of our family came to celebrate. Corky tried to "replay" the camel incident from Uganda. Somehow I didn't get a picture of it... The reenactment took place with the camel whose head is poking out from behind my back area...
The birthday banner was flipped to the side that reads, "Oh Happy Day" and we ate like we might never eat again...
My sister Megan's family came for the day...
Uncle Corky and Janet made the trip. Nasuuna is always happy to see Uncle Corky. I think she had her mouth wide open the entire time he was here...
Trying to steal kisses...
Geremu was pooped out after Saturdays events and spent some time Sunday working on his activity book given to him by Pop.
My Mom and Dad came as well as our good friends Melody and Maddy. Our family is a host family for an ABC student. Adisa (pronounced like Addis-a) is an area high school student. This has been such a good opportunity for our family. If your city/school system takes part in the ABC program I would highly recommend looking into hosting a student= FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY! Tonight before putting the kids to bed we play a few games. Geremu is hard to see because Cullen's facial expression is so distracting, he is hiding behind Cullen in this picture.
1 comment:
It's too bad Nasuaana doesn't like Uncle Corky at all! LOL!
You look really cute! Loving your hair length, and the dresses, with boots! HOT MAMA!!!!!
Post a Comment