Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Together Forever...

After an eventful night with a fever that wouldn't stop climbing and a trip to the ER with a lethargic and weepy little girl in the middle of the night. I wasn't too sure today's events were meant to be... Actually I thought they might need to be called off completely. But with a resilient little girl that was able to bounce back (thanks to good medical care, meds, and rest) everything went as scheduled...

We were able to finalize Nasuuna's adoption today. In a few weeks we should receive a Certificate of Birth listing us as the parent. We are hers and she is ours.... FOREVER!
I wish I would have been given the questions I would be asked prior to being in the witness stand. I would have prepared an eloquent speech for the Judge. Pretty sure one of my answers included "... and she's charming..."

Cullen listened intently to the hearing. Geremu tried distracting Nasuuna the entire time. Nasuuna ignored everyone except Uncle Corky, so the Judge got a good view of the back of her head. I had static cling like you wouldn't have believed. Frankly, I wouldn't have believed it but I have pictures to prove it. Nick was busy lookin' good, someone had to do it. All the kids where happy with the treat, in the form of a sucker, they received from the Judge.

Our babysitter, Amanda, and her sister, Ally, were in attendance.


As well as some of our other close friends and family; Uncle Corky & Aunt Janet, Michelle, Uncle Tom & Aunt Sue, Cousin Kennedy, Cousin Chad & Huyen, Busch Family, Peters Family.
We knew there was a possibility things would not go as planned but we decided we would celebrate regardless. So celebrate we did...


We feel so incredibly blessed to have Nasuuna in our family. Thanks again to our family and friends for all of your support!

1 comment:

Chilly ET said...

So very very happy for you all! Congrats!