Hi Everyone,
Ann Marie's sister Megan now has the power password. Talked to Ann Marie today on Skype for a little while. Sounds like things are good, and they are just playing the waiting game.
________________________________
So it's been a few days of irregular power... We are still here. Cork is no longer nursing just a camel bite, he recently hurt his wrist lifting up my daughter. He seems to be doing alright although he can't push off his hand. I told him he better do as little as possible with his hand to prevent swelling. I'm quite certain the nearest ice bag/machine is in Amsterdam.
The weather is still beautiful, as is my daughter. She is a world class napped and sleeper. I think she might be able to compete against Gere for The Fastest Sleeper Title. She falls asleep in less than 2 minutes, I think Gere might be around 3-4 minutes. I'll film the competition so you can see the results live when I get home.
We have been trying to stay busy during the day. Tomorrow we have a trip planned to the Italian Grocery Store. That is the location that Nick spotted Chips Ahoy Cookies. I was disappointed to find out later that there were only 4 in a pack and they are priced like Girl Scout Cookies. But since I'm willing to walk a mile and a half with my daughter in my back, I don't really care about price, show me the cookies.
Yesterday we went to a tailor shop so I could get some dresses/skirts made for my daughter and myself. The shop is roughly 7'x7' with two foot press sewing machines (no electricity) and newspaper pictures hanging on the wall. One side of the shop is completely open with no wall. I pointed to a few newspaper pictures on the wall of dresses/skirts that I liked and I told the lady I like bright colors. We were measured, and then I paid her for her services before leaving.
I can't wait to see how everything turns out. I just hope the fabric coordinates with this....

Next time send pictures.
The whole time we were at the shop I could smell a horrific smell. Turns out right around the corner from the shop (in the "court yard" of some other shops) is a mess of manure. I'm not sure what it is for, but it was damp/fresh and stinky. I was telling Corky today that I can not wait to see how everything I ordered turns out, as it really hardly cost me anything. We should be able to pick it up on Friday. Cork keeps reminding me that it's all going to smell like poop.
We could use some crossed fingers, toes, good wishes, prayers, miracles, anything you can send our way right now. My Grandma, Corky's mother, is pretty sick. We are still waiting on paperwork here just not as patiently as we were before;) Please keep us and more importantly G'ma in your thoughts (expecially if you are sending any requests to the Big Guy up above.)
No comments:
Post a Comment