Tuesday, November 1, 2011

OH WHEN THE SAINTS....

Well, it's November 1st...All Saints Day if you are a Catholic. Looks like they were celebrating it with a BANG in Uganda today! Enjoy...

I can hear the drums a beating, people singing, and dancing. It's like an all out party not too far away. I can't go and check it out tonight as my daughter is sound asleep next to me. I did go check things out on Sunday Night and had a great time. I'm not going to lie, I wasn't afraid to bust a move and shake what my Mama gave me. I was feeling' the rhythm... And so was my daughter... And my husband- LOL. Corky is going to be feelin' it next Sunday, he just doesn't know it yet.

Today was an awesome day. We did a bit of shopping in the morning. My Uncle was testing out his negotiating price skills. He is hoping to have it mastered by the Friday craft market where we are going to spend all of our money. After shopping we went to seeLake Victoria. The lake was big and it was very intriguing to watch the fishermen come to shore with their boats to drop off fish at the local market. Some of the boats had oars that were over 20 feet long... The lake is obviously deep and the hubbub around the "pier" was fun to be a part of.

Afterwards we headed back to our "house" for a relaxing afternoon. Cork and my daughter both took naps while I downloaded pictures. We went out to eat around 5ish, which is quite early in Uganda. The place we ate at had a trampoline! It's too bad my daughter didn't like it as much as I did. We put her on it the tried showing her how it worked, she was terrified. It didn't take much to talk me into getting up and demonstrating how it is done... Which probably terrified her more. Needless to say we will be "practicing" or just standing on the trampoline frequently.

While we were waiting for our food I explained to my Uncle that I had a shower curtain on the shower in my bathroom but it disappeared about 3 days ago. I took a big swig of my drink as he was telling me that I should let him know before I report the shower curtain as missing so he can hide his curtain. This threw me into a fit of laughter, only I had a mouth full of Coke so I could not hold it together. I got up from the table debating if I should spit my drink into the bushes nearby, into the rain gutter or just let it fly out of my nose... Cork and my daughter were both laughing so hard it was nearly impossible for me to concentrate on swallowing. I was able to leave the area with my hands over my face holding the liquid in and pull it together but not before I had everyone's attention in the place.

Shortly after my Coke incident I decided to step into a near by shop to check out the price of something Corky wants to buy. Our food had not yet been delivered to our table so my daughter and Cork were going to stay at the table. When I stood up from my chair I thought it was weird that I never felt the chair slide back... I heard a huge bang behind me and realized I tipped my metal chair over when I stood up. My daughter screams then starts laughing so hard she can't hold it together which sends me and Cork into another fit of laughter. People at the other tables were also laughing because I'm sure my daughters scream scared them just as much as my crashing chair did... I'm blaming Cork for all of this;)

Well off to find my headlamp to frighten the cockroaches off my path to the bathroom. I wonder if my shower curtain will return? Good times, good times...

AnnMarie German

No comments: