Sunday, August 21, 2011

Recent Happenings

Earlier this month I celebrated a birthday, it was a GREAT day thanks to my boys. Not only did I have a candy trail leading to my birthday cupcakes but I scored big in the gift department.

Last week Cullen and Maddie had a Lemonade Stand, this was a first for Cullen. Unfortunately we live on a street that cars really don't drive down unless they live on it.
After two hours without any business they took their warm lemonade on the road. They were only allowed to knock on houses of people we know.


Our neighbors (who are awesome) supported their business. They had so much fun and seriously how could anyone turn these cute kids down?

We are also still in the middle of home improvements... Several home improvements.



When the kids don't clean up their toys after being told several times and Nick or myself end up cleaning the toys up we put them into bins. They can earn the toys back by doing jobs. When they do extra jobs around the house we pull the toys out and they can choose what they want back. This last week the boys were on a kick to try and earn all of their toys back, some of the toys in the bin have been there since January (clearly not favorites). So they were looking for extra jobs. Since we were re-doing the porch we decided the best way for them to earn the toys back was to help out. The boys helped paint and pulled staples. It was so fun to work together and talk. The two days of working together just flew by. I can't believe how old and funny these two kids of mine are, they are capable of so much.

The porch is so close to being done, Nick and I put the screens on today and cleaned the mini-blinds. We just have the two doors left to paint and re-screen.

Last week I also got together with my two good friends, Michelle and Amy. The kids had a blast swimming while we enjoyed each others company!

No comments: