Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The NEVER Ending Adoption...

The year Geremu came to join our family we started the adoption process again knowing fully well that life doesn't always work the way you plan. We went with a new agency at the time and did our research but because of how new the agency was very little information was available. We got a referral and with that came questions that NO ONE seemed to have answers for... We were given several different stories and when it came right down to it nothing felt right or ethical. We never made it to court at the time because the courts had halted all abandonment cases and we ended up backing out of the adoption before completing it. One thing we have learned though our experiences with lost pregnancies and failed/unfinished adoptions is that no one really knows what to say or do to make it better. This is completely understandable, I'm not sure there is anything that really can be said to make things better. With that being said, I have not posted about adoption #3 and this has been an amazing coping strategies for me. I have found this to be true with prior pregnancies that didn't have happy ending as well. If people just don't know very much or anything about the upcoming addition to the family then nothing has to be explained if it doesn't work out. We have put our current Ethiopian adoption on hold... We have been questioning the ethics of it since Adoption #2 and I don't want to head back down a road that we have already traveled. I wish I could say that I knew we were doing the right thing but honestly I'm not even sure what the right thing is anymore. So to stick with the strategy that has worked I will let you know that we aren't done adding to our family, we REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want more kids. However, there is currently no timetable, age, gender or even place our next addition will be coming from. We are busy doing research and are open to suggestions. One day you might just click on our blog and we'll be a family of 5 or more (fingers crossed). ***I have tried everything to keep the paragraph formatting I wrote this in but every time I post it turns into 1 paragraph- ugh

6 comments:

Kate said...

Wow. What a difficult and courageous decision you've just made.

I'm not sure there's ever a right answer to how best to build a family. Every family is different.

Let us know if you want to talk domestic adoption... and the many pros and cons.

hotflawedmama said...

WIsh could give you a REALLY big hug. Because there aren't really any words.

Unknown said...

i continue to be amazed at your courage and fight to be apart of an ethical adoption.

and i KNOW your MTB is out there and can't wait to see him/her/them arrive as a blog post.

...and since you asked for suggestions :) i have a FAB domestic agency i'd be glad to chat about if you're interested...seriously.

email me (or call)...

Unknown said...

shoot. i'm signed in as george... this was MEG!! :)
mkc217@aol.com

fiddlehead said...

I hear you....sending hope and a hug your way.

Finding Joy said...

Sending you love & prayers as you find the right path for your family. Can't wait for that click someday!