Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 1

We went to North Carolina for Spring Break this year. The weather was not anything to write home about (it rained everyday but one and was pretty chilly) but the kids had a blast playing with their cousins. The first day Katie talked me into go to a baseball game because she knows how much I LOVE baseball games. It was good to see Curtis play, he connected with the ball every time at bat. The game was delayed because of lightning and eventually canceled but not before I froze my butt off in the rain. While at the game I was shocked to learn that my sister is the "Team Mom" I never did figure out what that position entitles but it makes me smile every time I say it:)

Here Curtis is pregame warming up, don't let the dry field fool you, the rain waited until the game actually started to fall. That evening we celebrated Cullen's birthday (really early). Cullen was digging the attention and trick candles. Bubba lived up to his name and polished off more of the cookie cake than anyone else much to my amusement. I love that kid! More to come tomorrow... I should note for those of you that don't personally know me I was being sarcastic about my love of baseball. My Dad is a baseball coach and has been for over 20 years and I know VERY LITTLE about the game. I tried hard to like it and play it as a kid but I never quite caught on. I was that kid in right field that never knew when the ball was coming because I was either busy smelling the dandelions or trying to entertain the small crowd... Needless to say I ran track through college.

No comments: