Sunday, May 31, 2009

Watch Out Summer, Here We Come...

I woke up at 9am feelin' like a million bucks! Turns out the boys woke up in the tent at 6am. Nick (hubby of the year) didn't want them to wake me so he went grocery shopping with them and honestly I'm not sure what else, I was busy sleeping. Nick did say to me, "Do you know we have a LOT of birds in our yard that wake up at 3:30am?" He also asked me if I knew just how cold out it was this morning. Um yeah, when I was watching the news at 10pm last night in my warm bed (I could still hear the boys laughing out my window) I did notice that the temp. in the morning was only suppose to be 44 degrees.

Lots was accomplished today. Since I only have approximately 13 years until my first child will need his senior pictures taken and they are only going to get pricier. So I plan on being thrifty and will take them for him, "Don Meyer Style". I spent a few minutes practicing and here's the result.
Remember this picture, you will see one just like it 13 years from now with a bigger tree and bigger boy.

Here Nick is practicing his cheer-leading lifts with his son. LOL
(Insert high pitched girls voice) Hercules, Hercules...
Cullen helped Nick with brush clean-up. We have 44 lilac bushes in our yard that needed to be trimmed down. I'm going to be honest anytime Nick gets the sawzall out for yard work I start to sweat a bit. He doesn't always know when to stop but due to a short intervention today I am pleased with the results.
Geremu had an extra early nap today, when he awoke he ate and played outside.
Who needs a pool when you have a water table?
This afternoon Katie and myself went for a walk with the kids, Geremu and Carson biked.
Sophia and Cullen strolled, Cullen was still pooped from his late night.
When I was practicing taking "senior pictures" I got an action shot of Geremu swinging. Not sure if he landed on his feet as I was busy looking at my camera.

This video was taken today at the park we stopped at during our walk. I can't help but laugh every time I watch. Geremu needs to work on sticking his landings.

6 comments:

Christina said...

Chris just made me replay the video about ten times. I thought he was going to have an *accident*, he was laughing so hard. :)

Coffeybunny said...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only Mom that stays inside while the others camp out!
Please give The Pirate a big kiss, I'm getting all misty here! I'm so thankful this sweet boy has such a terrific family. Hugs to you all. sniff sniff

Life's A Journey... said...

Johnny and I are eating breakfast together. Everyone else is asleep. He's made me play that video like 10 times. He wants to know if Geremu got any "Blood Owies!"

In my opinion....your name might be "Co-Pay Annie" if that kid keeps up his swing and slide antics! Cute blog!

Anonymous said...

That slide looks awesome! I love how in the video I can hear the start of your laugh as it cuts out. haha

Cullen looks all grown up next to Sophia!!

Anonymous said...

Omg --Great minds think alike. I was going to post the exact same thing Stinky Pete did. I played that over 5 times to see if that was your laugh I detect at the end.
Sure enough, it's you!

Kate said...

Like everybody else, we had to play it at least 10 times for Sefi. I don't think he really understood the ending -- he was stuck saying "wheeee" as Geremu went down the slide.

See you in a few weeks!